Monday 25 July 2011

Still Employed

OK, so today was my 'Evaluation Day', which could be the title of an 80's action movie featuring an ass kicking estate agent called 'Chad Day',

The asking price is non negotiable, but I will throw in a can of whoopass!
So today I was in the odd area known as 'Newtown'. I have never seen so many crazy haircuts, I think the hairdressers must have faulty clippers as most of the people only had parts of their heads shaved, some girl even had a 'rat tail' which just looks dumb. It is nice when, in an attempt to be individual, somebody will get an outrageous haircut that everybody else has. Also the lesbian thing was true but Newtown is also disturbingly hippyish.
To my surprise I actually got a guy to sign up and even more surprising was he did it because Save the Children is not a 'Christian charity' like World Vision. The irony lay in the location which happened to be just outside a church. Good stuff.
So my evaluation period has been extended, like that scene in Evaluation Day where the bad guy refuses to die...

'You seem surprised Mr. Day. Did you not evaluate the situation correctly?'
In an M.Night Shaymamalalama style twist I have also been asked to go to a different job tomorrow for an 'informal chat'. I applied through Gumtree on Friday as I thought today would be my last at Public Outreach and awkwardly I got a phone call whilst at work. BUT THAT'S NOT THE ONLY TWIST!

A double twist? Why didn't I think of that?
I also got a missed call from another job that I applied for via Gumtree, however when I called back it went straight to answer phone so I left a message and will call back tomorrow.
So in true dramatic style I'm leaving this on a cliffhanger- Will Ryan stay at Public Outreach? What are these mysterious other jobs? Will Chad Day finally defeat the evil Doctor Bailiff? Find out next time on Ryan's Awesome Australian Adventure!- Cue credits with inspirational 80's music...


'Evaluation Day' is the intellectual property of Ryan Whitwell. If you would like to create this epic movie based around the cut throat world of real estate then my fee is £5.50 and a cup of tea.

5 comments:

  1. I love reading this blog.....so do loads of the customers....let us know what happens.

    Can you ring us - or have you used all the credit.

    I have post for you - remember we are off tonight and it is 9 hours difference. So we are in from 9pm tonight - ie 6am your time (but we will be up until midnightish I s'pose)

    Missing you loads

    Mum
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to chat to you on ze phone bro.

    Let us know how the 'twist' prevails. On the edge of my seat here...

    Stay out there until Aug next year so I can visit for longer than a week! Cheers!

    Lau x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you are whoring yourself out for jobs and getting more offers, which is more then most people can achieve over here in 6 months

    Off to see airbourne this weekend, but unfortunately I have not got the cardboard cut out of you sorted yet so you are going to have to give this one a miss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might stay out here for another year after this one, but we'll see how it goes.

    Airbourne won't bring their 'A Game' because I'm not there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They will bring their A+ just to rub it in your face.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...