Friday 29 July 2011

Take it to the Bridge!

Thursday I got somebody to sign up to Save the Children, so I’m still ‘chegging’ although today I had a day off so I decided to activate tourist mode. I wandered around North Sydney after trekking across the Harbour Bridge. I realised that walking along the top of the bridge must be worth $250 when the view from the ‘free’ footpath below is this...


Well Australia was a penal colony. (Stop giggling you two!) 
After a little while I looked to the right and noticed this...

...which is much nicer and I can’t imagine it being any better after paying $250 to see it from a little higher up.
The area around the north side of the bridge is really nice, with lots of nice looking houses, small shops and a few green areas (as well as a fun fair). I had a clear view of the opposite side of the harbour and there were hardly any other people around so it was really quiet.



I walked over to Luna Park, which at first I thought meant luna as in ‘moon’, now I know different... 
It’s luna as in ‘tic’ 
Luckily there was a really nice bar nearby, so I had a quick schooner to dampen the ‘freaked out feeling’ before continuing. 
A good picture to sum up the day.


Later on I had my first fish and chips in Australia! Obviously the fish wasn't cod, but New Zealand hake is still nice when fried in batter. So after munching that down I walked back over the bridge and to the Hostel. That’s about it really, except I saw a very informative poster on the way back... 
Yeah, Jesus! Stop driving into oncoming traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...