Saturday 2 July 2011

Coldest part of the year?

The Sharks:They're like the
West Ham of rugby league.
Today I went to the coast around Cronulla and it was rather picturesque, with surfers bobbing around and a few clouds scattered across an otherwise clear blue sky. Then over to Bass and Flinders Point where quite a few boats were sailing, all very lovely.

Cronulla
Before getting to the coast we stopped off at the Sharks League Club, the home of the Sharks rugby league team. However inside it's more like a cross between a gala bingo and a social club with a bar and restaurant. It was a nice place and I was quite surprised to hear that the Sharks' club is one of the smallest! If I ever go to Penrith NSW I have to visit the Penrith Panthers' league club as it is supposedly massive (like the prawns over here)
Boats near Flinders Point
After seeing the coast we went over to the mall in Miranda (Yes she really is big enough to house a shopping mall) where I got my pre pay phone for $30 (That's with $5 credit), then back to Sylvania to book my RSA exam this coming Tuesday.

Now time for the weather...
Before coming out to Australia a few people said that it is 'the coldest part of the year' in that 'you must be mad to go out there at this time of year' kind of way. The truth is the weather has been pretty good (Around 18oC in Sydney) and with not much of a breeze it does feel quite warm, especially on a day like today.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you're getting sorted

    What is the RSA exam for?

    When you moving in to you're hostel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. RSA stands for Responsible Sale of Alcohol, or something like that. Everybody needs it to sell alcohol in Australia so it will help me when I look for work.
    Might not be moving in until the next Monday as a couple of cousins are gonna be around (one I've never met) so it seems silly going back and forth all week.
    *Your

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...