Monday 29 August 2011

They Call Me The Working Man...

...I guess that's what I am, now I have a job shifting office equipment from one place to another. Lots of hours this week which means lots of money! I may also be required to drive one of the trucks as I'm 25 and have a licence...
Which has gotten me more jobs than any of my other 'qualifications'
Thursday (25th) saw the three amigos chilling out at Manly as we would all be working over the weekend and didn't want to do anything too strenuous, except Alex, who wanted to go surfing in conditions that would make it near impossible.

We met up with a Yemen/Swedish girl, Nadine, and walked over to Shelly beach, swam in the sea, laid in the sun, then went for a $10 and some $5 pints.

Friday was the first day at work. It was really hard work and after 13 hours all of us were pretty damn tired, Alex was on a different job so he finished much earlier. Saturday wasn't as bad, me and Alex ended up at the same place and when we were finished we went to the Three Wise Monkeys for a chicken burger and beer, Matteo joined us later and we watched a pretty good match between the Aussies and Kiwis for the tri-nations title.

Sunday had us working at an office with no lift, about 9 of us were working there so the workload was spread out and after unloading the four truck loads of stuff at the new office, the three amigos went to nearby Darling Harbour for a few beers at the Hard Rock Cafe before washing up and going to Star Bar for $10 Angus steaks and then the Three Monkeys again for beer and live music, the live music part can be seen, in part, below!

Today I don't start until 3pm, so I have a chance to buy some new socks and food, rock and roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...