Wednesday 17 August 2011

Round 2 and Cockatoos!

Round 2 at the gym was Monday afternoon. It knocked me out so much I did nothing for the rest of the day, but to aid my recovery I listened to some inspirational tunage...

Tuesday proved to be a much more interesting day. After getting food for the next week (including some cheap steaks) I trotted back to the hostel to be greeted by Matteo and Alex who were waiting for Sara to go to the Botanic Gardens for a bit. I joined them and I was glad I did as after wandering around the Opera House and grabbing a cheeky beer we bumped into some cockatoos...

Flying foxes will kill you and your horse!
Fortunately, beer makes you immune to the Hendra virus
Sara took this one...
Alex took this one...
And this bugger took a chunk out of my apple!
The birds love the three amigos! (Although I don't fancy Matteo's much)
The annoying thing was I only intended to share a small piece of my apple with the birds and eat the rest myself as I was quite hungry! Unfortunately the bugger on my arm decided to chomp away at it and leave nothing for anybody else, the thieving git!

So after a bit more photo taking we headed back, Matteo went to meet a certain lady friend and me and Alex had steak before meeting Zoe (the German) and Jenna (the American) at Tokio Hotel in Darling Harbour to have a few beers and hear some live music. The music wasn't up to much but we still had a right laugh. We were later joined by our new German room mates which was nice. A few 'that's what she saids' and jokes about my 'dancing' later and we were on our way home and back in the hostel.

Tomorrow is round 3 in the gym so I'd better rest up before rising up, back on the street...

2 comments:

  1. Cant share anything these days without them taking the piss! I feel for you!

    And I'm impressed you are going back to the gym for 3rd time!

    Wont be long before you look like this guy

    http://www.isteroids.com/images/carrottop-aftersteroids.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you implying I'm going to become 'un-funny', that's a horrible thing to say!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...