Sunday 21 August 2011

Auf Wiedersehen Skippy!

Today I did something amazingly amazing! Something so daring and brave that only one as strong as I could manage it. I ate a big chunk of kangaroo (with some salad on the side)! Sorry Skippy, but if you weren't supposed to be eaten then you wouldn't have evolved such delicious flesh!
"What's that Skip? Pan fried with crushed black pepper?"
So another milestone achieved this weekend, but it's not all sunshine and delicious marsupials as Saturday we had a farewell drink up for our two German roommates. The 311 rolled out in style, starting off at Broadway Lounge for karaoke (we put our names down to sing 'The Bad Touch' but the karaoke guy ran out of time before we could rock the mic). The German mädels joined us at the Lounge before we headed off to Side Bar, which was surprisingly quiet considering it was midnight on a Saturday and there were White/Black Russians on offer as well as Batman on the TV.
The Dude....
...Abides
Before the night was the day, in which I, Alex and Sara wondered around Finger Wharf (stop giggling at the back) in Wooloomooloo.
Pictured: Wool Loo Moo Loo

Saint Seagull

After a few cheeky beers we skipped back to the hostel, then after getting changed we (Alex, Sara, Matteo and I) went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner then we (Alex, Matteo and I) went to Broadway to drink more beer and continue the evening, which you can read about above (Well structured blog post? Check!).

Tomorrow and Tuesday I am working with a landscaper, basically as a labourer (not entirely sure what I'll be doing but $200 is $200) also tomorrow I have to call a guy about the removalist job which I should start on Wednesday (hopefully). You may well be thinking about the distinct lack of any mention of bar work, I was thinking the same thing as I was not called to be told when to come in like I was told I would be. So if/when they do call next weekend I shall explain that the lack of hours makes working there seem about as much of a good use of my time as me entering this year's Mr. Universe contest.
Constipation is the key to success.
Hope you readers are well, no doubt you are all rushing out to find some kangaroo meat, but be warned, you will never enjoy beef again! Peace out, hombres!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...