Sunday 7 August 2011

Fireworks Over Darling Harbour

There is a law in NSW that the public are not allowed to do firework displays, because of this all of the fireworks in the area have to be used sometime, so why not every couple of weeks at Darling Harbour! Now I may not be the greatest fan of fireworks, I often say you’d be better off setting fire to some money, at least then it will last longer, but there was something kind of special about seeing the display at Darling Harbour, but that wasn't even the best part of the evening!



And here is a little video so you can enjoy it via a glowing rectangle 10,000 miles away.

With uni mode still in full effect I and the other two amigos (with Zoe) met up with a few of the girls from the previous night, we then went to Cargo Bar for beer and talking nonsense, I got a phone number, we went for ice cream, came back and after a quick change of personnel spent the rest of the night with a bunch of people from the hostel (regular readers may recognise some/all of them in the slideshow below) then after some beer and dancing we went home (via McDonalds). That’s about it, not much happened to really make a note of, although getting a German girl’s number was a highlight I guess, along with getting a free beer for being polite. Apparently letting a guy get served before you because he was there first is worthy of him buying you a beer over here (a girl did the same thing for me a few weeks ago, but I thought it was a one off) I'd say that free beer was better than the fireworks, but probably not as good as re-meeting a certain German girl.
Here's a slideshow with a bunch of photos from last night, until next time, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet!

2 comments:

  1. ok - which lady is the German in question and we can't see you video as comes up as Private - so not sure what is on it....or is it only your parents not allowed to see (??) posting your package to Sue tomorrow.
    Love
    Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video should work now. I'm going to the consulate tomorrow to ask about jobs and things, apparently it's a good way to find British companies looking for employees, so I may not be leaving Sydney quite so soon.
    The German girl should be obvious when you look towards the bottom of my friends list on Facebook.
    Package? Hopefully it's not too big, I have to travel light.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...