Sunday 14 August 2011

Friday Friday, Gotta Get A Job on Friday

Well the title says it all although it isn't totally correct. First up on Friday was the gym, which was a reminder that I really need to get fit. After just 35 minutes of working out, my legs went to jelly and my arms decided to bail on me.  So Monday is round 2, which will be 'fun'.
Ding!
As for The Bank I Did not get the job on Friday as I was told I’d got it at 1am on Saturday!  So 9:30PM Saturday would be my first proper day as an actual night club barman! Working behind a night club bar is very different to working behind a pub bar. No chit-chat with punters (because you can barely hear them) and the tips are much better as they actually exist (I got $17 for doing nothing more than making a few vodka cranberries. One group of girls actually gave me $5, not left on the bar as left over change, actually put a hand in their purse and gave me $5. That never happened at The Onley!) Maybe it would if there were a few more vodka cranberry drinkers...
And girls.
So tonight I was back at The Bank. But I also went to Coogee today, it was gloomy and I was tired, so I didn't make the most of it. I will return to do the Coogee to Bondi walk, maybe next week, but for now here’s a few snaps from today.



Cartwheeling on cliff tops is dangerous, kids!
The nap really helped, I had a good laugh at work although it wasn't too busy so I got to go home early. By ‘go home’ I mean drink expensive mojitos in the Ivy on George Street. I went there as I was invited by Zoe, I didn't think I could make it due to work so it was nice to make an appearance. Plus Wiebke was there, so that’s double nice!
Sadly my $30 in tips didn't last long and we had left after about 90 minutes of me being there as everybody else had been there for about 4 hours. So a walk/train home and Alex and I noticed a few preparations for the City to Surf run tomorrow. But amongst all the merriment was a lingering sense of loss as, due to a faulty door lock, we may be moving out of room 311 on Sunday! What a horrible way to end such a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on getting the job - do you get paid as well or only in tips and how often do you work...
    We're all well here - Lauren's at a wedding somewhere near Brighton and we have Cliffy Jarman today playing in the pub.
    Keep in touch.
    Love
    Mum
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...