Wednesday 24 August 2011

Everyday I’m Shovelling...

Monday, Work from 7:30 until about 6:00. Shovelling eucalyptus mulch, wheel-barrowing and raking mulch with Simos (from the hostel) and his mate Kos for Kos’ uncle. Tiring work but the day went quite quickly, the main point I will make is that $6 million houses don’t really look like they are worth $6 million, I later learned that the area (Killara) is a big money area, with CEOs and middle managers everywhere and ten of the best private schools in the surrounding area, just add a dubstep soundtrack and you have a pretty good idea of Hell!
Pictured; Dubstep
After a hard day labouring it’s nice to go where everybody knows your name... and then get convinced to have a few beers at Darling Harbour with Zoe and Jena (later Aïssata and Ninie joined us) then back to the hostel for 5 hours sleep before...

Day 2 of landscaping. Same thing but a bit easier as most of the hard work was sorted the day before, we did a good job improving the front and back gardens and by the end of the day the house looked closer to being worth $6 million. Simos, Kos and myself cruised down to Dominos for cheap Tuesday pizzas, then back to the hostel for a beer, free cupcakes from Aissata and 30 minutes sleep before...
Trademark/World Bar with the 311 and Zoe and Jena. Two free drinks at the Trademark Hotel, hearing the same old songs (Party Rock Anthem, Chris Brown, Usher... Yawn)
These guys had the right idea, just hang them already!
Then straight over the road to World Bar for some alternative/yank punk (Sum 41, Green Day) and some cheesy pop (Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys) followed by some R&B stuff (Destiny’s Child... Um... My memory gets hazy after that). Good times all round with the three amigos emitting so much awesomeness that some guy tried to steal Matteo and Alex’s jackets and left them at a place down the street, I don’t know who you are ‘would-be-jacket-thief’ but you have no dick...
It's true.
And that was the past two days. Today I will meet Patrick from Office Movers to sign up for that job which should start on Friday I’ll just leave you with a quote to end this post.

Ebedebeedebeed that’s all folks! - Porky Pig

Here's a few snaps from last night



Update:
Today I went to Sydney's Fish Market and got a box full of various deep fried sea life (now sea dead, obviously) for $10 (or £6 in real money). The box contained a mass of various battered creatures, like king prawns, a crab, those octopus/squid ball things, calamari rings, a clam with some cream cheese filling thing, and these things with little prawns stuffed in a thing that was also battered.
I imagine earlier in the day they looked like this, before they were introduced to boiling oil and chips
 I also got 2 large boxes of sushi for $15. How did I get such a bargain? We got there just before places started closing and they needed to clear out their left over stock for the day. I also saw my first wild pelican, which was nice. I did nothing else all day, I'm actually meeting the guy about the removalator job tomorrow morning before heading off to the beach, because life is just so hard!

Can you deep fry a pelican?

1 comment:

  1. lovin' the seafood - how's the gym going or are you to tired to go now.
    Best laid plans ah.......

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...