Friday 17 February 2012

Spud Packer


Finally, I have a job (But you knew that already). So for the past 3 days I've been going to work near Wallace,
Wallace? WALLACE? WHERE THE...
Steady on, kids might be reading this.
Turns out it is quite heavy work packing spuds, even though most of the work is done by machines which undoubtedly make the job less tiring.
That's right, Mr. Anderson, machines are useful!
The hours are 7- around 3, Simon took me to work the past three days with Alan (the boss) bringing me back to Poverty Peak at the end of the day. Well, Alan didn’t bring me back yesterday as I had to go baaaaack to Ballarat
Oh wait, I’ve done that ‘joke’ before.
Why Ballarat? Well, I had to get a bike as having Simon take me into work every morning isn’t great when he sometimes doesn’t get in until 10pm. So I shall cycle to and from work each morning, which will be a shock to the system as I haven’t ridden a bike any distance since I was a temp at the Woolwich in Basildon (Which was when I lived in Basildon, which was a few hundred years ago).
Well before the council went completely insane.
According to Google Maps my route is a good 8KM with plenty of hills, looks like I’d better give myself 2 hours tomorrow. Oh yeah, I’m working tomorrow (Saturday) for a few hours because I need those dollar dollar bills y’all!
I have an expensive diet.
That’s all the news for now, the chickens are still alive, Atti is still here WWOOFing and I’m pretty tired after a day at work so I’m going to do nothing for a bit and then sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...