Saturday 18 February 2012

Feeling Un-Fit


Not feeling too fit today, not as in ‘good looking’ fit (You know I'm hot like a McDonalds’ apple pie),
Baked in the fires of Hell!
I’m in the ‘can’t ride a bike to work without nearly having his heart explode’ category of not fit. I was back in Wallace today, no not that Wallace,
Although he is a looker
the place 'Wallace'. But today I did the most excellent thing of getting myself to work, through the medium of the second cheapest bike at Big W! And I wish more than ever that I could afford a car. Why did they build roads that go up hill when flattening them would save me a lot of sweat? Those bastards. Fortunately I have the luxury of having the option to stop off at the pub on the way home, which I did today, so I can meet locals and talk about stuff instead of riding a bike, which I did today. I was only going to stop in to take away a few bottles to veg out in front of the telly with when my legs gave out as soon as I got back to Poverty Peak, but I got talking to a couple of Gordon residents when I waited for the barman and the rugby league match between Manly and Leeds was on the box (congrats Leeds).

So two and a half pints later I left quite happy and then rode for about two minutes before realising I was riding a bike and took to walking up and just rolling down hills with a bottle from my take away Carltons in my hand (What? It was the cheapest beer there).

I don’t know why those Tour de Frogs bother peddling all the way, my way is much more relaxing and you can take in more of the scenery.
You can’t see much of anything when you’re riding a bike, it’s all blurry. 
Naturally, that one bottle of on the road beer for me was like spinach is to Popeye and I had enough strength / Dutch courage to ride the rest of the way back. I never expected to be setting record times straight away, but I am confident that I will one day be able to ride easily up those hills and drink beer at the same time...
Pictured: The dream 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...