Sunday 30 October 2011

All Hallows Eve

And so it is now Halloween weekend, but I hadn't planned anything so I didn't bother getting a costume prepared or anything. On Friday night I had a few quiet ones with Zoe, Michael, Wiebke and Fredirika (Still don't know how to spell her name) at Zoe's apartment at which I was informed about a place called Argyle that was on the Rocks and they were having a Halloween party on Saturday. Now, I had work on Saturday and it was a pretty rubbish day. First of all just getting to work was an expensive nightmare, the trains were buggered to the point that I was 30 minutes late and had to pay $15 for a taxi. Then a few guys didn't turn up so the job itself was a pain in the arse and we didn't finish until 6. So chances of getting a proper costume were slim and I had to revert to my back-up costume idea that has never had to be use before... Buy some bandages and bog roll and mummify myself! Unfortunately that costume idea is really difficult to actually implement (even with the help of Matteo) so I opted for a back-up back-up plan!
Tadaaa... Kevin Bacon!
So that was that sorted, then it was a long queue at the Argyle as I was a little bit later than I'd hoped (Thanks again, work!) Zoe popped outside to 'see' me in the queue. I was surrounded by various people in various costumes including Charmander, a builder, a cat, Minnie Mouse, a pirate and a guy with a box on his head.... I later saw most of these guys inside so here's...
Box guy, who happened to be sexy, but he already knew that.
And I also found this guy.
Zoe herself had actually left by the time I got in, so I spent the remainder of the evening with Fredirika and her room/house/flat mates. The costume itself was a mild success with a few people wanting photos with me and in amongst the 'slutty <insert public service here>' and devil horns (not really a 'costume') it did look quite unique and caught the attention of a few people (one girl's breasts said it 'looked really creepy, oh wow I can't even see your eyes!') There were a few Dark Knight Jokers and a lot of vampires but only one Dark Man/Hollowman/Invisible Man/Man Without a Face (that I could see at least, maybe somebody had gone the extra mile with the idea)
Still, Batgirl seemed impressed
So in becoming anonymous I became slightly more interesting, which is interesting. On the way home I decided to take off my face as it was falling apart anyway, but it did last the night and it didn't need explaining as 'the invisible man' is a rarely used but easy to recognise costume, if it doesn't work you can just throw some fake blood on it and call yourself a 'burns victim'. But be prepared for people to bump into you and say 'oh sorry, I DIDN'T SEE YOU THERE! LOL!' which is a nice way to say 'I like that your costume has awoken my inner comedian and I acknowledge that I 'get' your costume'. So for those who are panicking over costume ideas next year, consider this an easy back up plan.
It's dangerous to go alone, take this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...