Tuesday 1 November 2011

A Week of Firsts, And A Loss

Today was Melbourne Cup day! Huzaaar! Let's go lose some money, jolly good!
Ah, the glamour of it all. My pick didn't place, of course, maybe 'choosing the one with the best name' isn't a great tactic when it comes to betting on horses.
If it was all about the names, this one would have won.
The favourite won anyway, which is boring. So $10 gone, oh well, at least I got a free muesli bar and wash bag from a bowel cancer charity...
Because colons are super and require muesli and cleanliness!
That was all I did today, apart from look at iPods, but they are just so expensive. Yyesterday I worked and Sunday night I went bowling!
Yes bowling, as a birthday present from my favourite Germans, you guessed it, Zoe, Michael, Wiebke and Freddirieka (that's definitely not spelt right)
I think I had a pair of these when I was a kid...?

Everything is... just so... glowy!
Black lights were set to maximum as we hit the lanes. I'm not going to mention it's been over 5 years since I last went bowling, because that would read like I'm making excuses for my terrible first game. After about 3 beers though I got back into it and ended up with a runner up place on the final game. I forgot how much fun bowling is, but I did notice this particular place (Strike at Darling Harbour) had karaoke rooms, so maybe a second visit will be in order once my cold has cleared up.

Yes, I wrote cold, I have my first illness in Australia to add to my first bet on a horse and my first time bowling in Australia along with my first cinema outing in Australia. All in one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...