Sunday 9 October 2011

A Night at the Cross and Car Shopping

Yes the title says 'car shopping'. I went to look at a car today, but more about that later.
Last night was Saturday night, so after a 10 hour day at work I saw England let the French win something because they realised it must suck being French all the time, so we let them have a little confidence booster. Later the 311 (eventually) walked up to Kings Cross to go to The Cross Hotel. I hadn't been there before, which is odd because it's actually kind of good. Balconies and dance floors spread out over 5 floors and $6 Heinekens. One thing that did seem odd was when the DJ played 'Bonkers' the floor seemed to empty, very strange. So we drank and danced, walked around the street of sin and after not finding anything better we returned to the Cross Hotel (after ice cream) to see out the evening.
Nothing like 'The Cross' on a Saturday, much like how there is nothing like a herpes diagnosis on your birthday.

Jose 'really' likes ice cream


The 311's current line up


A drunken evening results in a morning of hang overs and hazy memories, but that didn't stop me going to a certain bar on Darling Harbour to hand in a CV (or resume, depending on where you live) thanks to a tip off from Jena, who will receive a cupcake if I get the job and not one of those lame 'mini' cupcakes from Starbucks, I'm talking a full on cupcake at least two times as big as a mini cupcake!
This woman has really tiny hands.
After handing in my CV I strolled over to Broadway to meet Zoe and Wiebke. Zoe was buying stuff for the room she's just moved to and Wiebke had to leave after about 10 minutes because she's a student and apparently students have to do work, it seems a lot has changed since I was a student.
Pictured: Studying
Zoe's new place is pretty cool, the view alone is interesting enough.

But of course you have been reading this whole time thinking about 'cars'. I looked at one and I took it for a test drive. It was a Toyota Landcruiser with a short wheel base, snorkel and personalised plate but it was a bit smaller than I had hoped, plus it barely moved, not a good example...

I'll have to keep looking but at least I know that GumTree ads are not very honest...

The ad said it was red!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...