Thursday 29 September 2011

Bonuses and World Bar


Yesterday was a good day, which means today will have to be a bad day, so sayeth the theory of ‘good day, bad day’
GD/BD...? Good name for a band.
  What happened yesterday that made it so good? I’ll tell you, but first some music...

AWESOME HAS A SOUNDTRACK!
I had a straight forward day, drove to South Hurstville to unload a few desks and bookcases, then we dropped off some old desks at the guy who works at the office’s house. At this point I already knew I was getting a bonus prize for working but when I saw the guy’s house I realised that said bonus probably didn’t affect his bank balance too much as his house was amazing. Lots of glass, space and a view of a body of water that I know not the name of. The bonus was, of course, 14 bottles of beer!
I was feeling pretty happy so I treated myself to some crocodile sausages in the cafe and then proceeded to kick some arse in ‘goon pong’ (like beer pong, except the beer has been replaced by poison grape juice) and then out to World Bar with Matteo (from Sardinia), Matt (from Somerset) and Michelle (from London).
So that was a good day, today I have avoided going outside for fear of having a bad day. That’s not strictly true as I did go to get some stuff from Woolworths, which as the theory would suggest, wasn’t such a good plan. Being hungry, hungover and tired I just threw on some flip flops, jeans and a t-shirt and wondered outside to an overcast sky. I signed a petition for Amnesty International (something about Malaysian boats) and bought the stuff I needed. I was not two steps away from Woolworths when the heavens opened and gave me a good soaking, so I got back to the hostel dripping wet and vowed to stay indoors today.
Ten minutes later the clouds cleared and the sun came out, but I could see right through fate’s lies as it plotted to ruin my day, so inside I remained watching videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...