Sunday 11 September 2011

I Looked To The Sky, And What Did I See...?

...England losing to a bunch of pansy Argentines who can’t even take a boot to the head without bleeding like ‘aunt flow’. The mood of Cheers (yes ‘Cheers’) was a tense one for most of England’s opening match and it didn’t help having most of the place cheering on the Argies (Argentines have accents just like an Australian’s, FACT!) but it wasn’t long before ‘Swing Low’ was ringing in the ears of everyone courtesy of some very happy Englishmen (this one included).
Probably
Matteo and I had some pub food (I went for the schnitzel as it was a word everybody was saying whenever Wilkinson took a kick) 
Maybe just the first syllable.
then we were off to a house (20th floor apartment) party, at which I met some students and was transported back to my uni days, courtesy of a French girl and her taste in 90’s BritPop and Queen. 
Her name wasn't Deborah, Deborah (because it wouldn't suit her) and it is now impossible to meet up in the year 2000.
The usual drinking, dancing, singing and being told by a Korean girl that I'm lucky I can speak English (which is true, considering I have had to live in England all my life) happened and then we went home a few drunken hours later.

Today I sat beside an Italian as Australia decided to play very well for the last 40 minutes of a rugby match and I didn't do much else, probably because I didn’t get enough sleep, but I’m not sure as I wasn’t wearing a watch last night. Work tomorrow morning so no late night parties tonight, also, there is a girl in the 311 who happens to be from Coggleshall, small world, yadda yadda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...