Saturday 19 November 2011

Home and Awaaaaay

Since my last update I've done almost nothing, but earlier today I went to Palm Beach with Sjerai, Michelle, Emma and Simos (who had hired a car to go to Botany Bay for the week but decided to give us a lift to Palm Beach)
The crew. Not overly impressed by the misty weather at Summer Bay.
Oops, did I say Summer Bay? Well, no, I wrote Summer Bay. Anyway Palm Beach is in fact the beach used in the once mildly popular soap 'Home and Away', in which a bunch of people die a lot, here is a scene in which an actress that isn't good enough to be in anything other than Home and Away gets upset because about 3 main characters are dead or injured, probably due to a plane crash into an injured kangaroo the characters were trying to help, or something.
I think Hollyoaks nicked all their ideas from this show. In short, deaths! And lots of them with as many cars and fires as possible!

So that beach where the hanging close shots, odd cut to the other girl and wordy monologue was? I was there today! Woo!

It's that path where thousands of characters have died (probably)

Somebody tell 'Streets' or 'Walls' or whoever that 'Gaytime' isn't golden unless you're both into that kind of thing.

Summer Bay stuff. Not as much as I thought there'd be, but Home and Away is like Fosters, Australia doesn't really care about it.
All of this is significant in some way to somebody. We didn't actually stay very long as there isn't much to see around Palm Beach, just a golf course and a lighthouse in the distance, plus there was a mist rolling in off the sea that made everything a bit...
...grey.
So Simos drove the rest of us to good old (busy) Manly, before he set off for Botany Bay. We laid in the mist, but it wasn't long before the sun came out and roasted us before we got the ferry back to the hostel. A good day and two beaches!

After getting back to the hostel, I attempted to start packing for Monday, but I seem to have accumulated a lot of crap (or as I now call it, Home and Away) over the past 5-6 months and I now have the task of throwing away as much of it as possible, to be honest I think I can get rid of a few pairs of socks, but that can wait until tomorrow. So for now here is some nostalgia for those that stopped watching this when it went to Channel 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...