Sunday 1 April 2012

Two Weeks 'Til Tassie

I'm going to admit I'm already getting a little excited about going to Tasmania in just over two weeks, it's like a proper little holiday in that it will only last a week, will cost me lots of money and will no doubt be a whirlwind of tours and information and adventure!
Just like your holiday last summer.
My Spirit of Tasmania ticket is booked and I have secured a camper van for the moment I step off the boat so I don't have to worry about pesky hostels. I know some may say something about the cost but I'd rather pay $400 and go anywhere whenever I want than pay $200 and then have to spend a day waiting for buses to go to places I could have already woken up at! Yes, petrol is also a factor, but Tasmania is relatively small compared to the mainland states and it only takes about 4 hours to go from the top to the bottom, which is no longer than it would take me to drive to my family in York from my home in Essex.
Unless it's a bank holiday, in which case add 7 hours.
In preparation for my Tassie Tour I have taken to looking at a few websites today to weigh up what I want to see (and what I can see, as many parts are not accessible by car). So far I have noted to have a look around Hobart, Bruny Island, Wineglass Bay, Port Arthur, the north west coast (with its cleanest air in the world) and visit at least one Tasmanian Devil sanctuary.
What? He looks nothing like the cartoon character? I might not bother then.
Back to the present and I have also been trying to get into watching the AFL on TV, but the rules still escape me somewhat. It's still good to watch a bunch of guys clattering into each other as they chase a yellow egg around a cricket pitch.
Ooh! It's mine, MINE!
As the season has just started I wouldn't mind going to see a match at some point, of course like with most sports it's best to just follow a team to help get into it a bit more. So for the purposes of following the AFL for a season I shall adopt The Hawks as my team I am following, not supporting you understand, just following.
Plus their shirts seem to be of a poor quality.
I'm still packing spuds in the mean time and trying my best to keep my money in my own hands before going to Tasmania, then to South Australia where I will no doubt have to find a job as soon as possible. But that's like, three whole weeks away so I don't need to worry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...