Saturday 14 April 2012

No More Spud Packing

Today was my last day packing spuds at Gregory’s, although I only spent half the day packing spuds, the other half was spent shovelling wet mud and rotten potatoes from the floor around the old washer to make way for the new washer. The smell was strong and the mud was in great quantity so after 4 hours of that I was more than ready to say goodbye and get back to Poverty Peak for the last ride on my bike.
Not to be confused with the wrestling move, which doesn’t feature a bike. 
It wasn’t a bad job, packing spuds. Yes it got kind of boring sometimes but work is work and wages are wages and now I have a small buffer to keep me going when I get back to Melbourne after Tassie and possibly look for a job or look into moving west. But I’m not one to look too far into the future as doing so means one will always miss the present, which all too soon will become the past. My trip to Tassie is something I fully intend on relishing. All the campsites are booked, the camper van and Spirit of Tasmania were booked weeks ago and on Monday evening I shall be floating across the Bass Straight to Tasmania, which I am looking forward to immensely now I know there is an arcade on board,
Something that the Titanic was lacking, hence why all the young men were drawing naked pictures of Kate Winslet.
BUT THAT'S THE ONLY PART WORTH MAKING 3D!
That’s all the ‘news’ for today. Thursday I had the day off which meant a chance to spend the whole day in Ballarat, which I did. Here’s a bunch of photos of the various things I saw around Lake Wendouree as I whiled away the hours by the water side. I also had an ice cream.







I told you I had ice cream.




All very nice and I’m kind of pleased I’ve been to the town that effectively brought democracy to Victoria, but I won’t write all that here so here’s a link about the Eureka Stockade if you are interested in the tale of a bunch of miners sticking it to ‘the man’.
PS. I learned an AFL rule. If the ball hits the post it only counts as a ‘behind’ (1 point) even if it ricochets in for a goal (which would be 6 points, but it doesn’t count because it hit the post), I think?
PPS. Melbourne Demons are a crap team, at least judging by the game against Richmond that is on at the moment. Final score, Richmond 133 – 74 Melbourne... Ouch.
PPPS. Last night I watched an entire episode of Snog Marry Avoid, a show I would usually mark as ‘trash’ but when 10,000 miles away from the country it is set in I can’t help but feel a little nostalgia towards the regional accents.
And regional boobs

Goodnight everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' your photos - you're getting to be a really good photographer. Have fun in Tassie - don't forget my postcard.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...