Monday 23 April 2012

Leaving Tas Vegas

I'm sitting in the Aztec now, waiting the last couple of hours before I can check in and board the Spirit of Tasmania II : Electric Boogaloo.

Earlier I spent an hour walking around Beaconsfield's Mining Museum before hitting the road to Devonport.

The museum is good, there are working scale replicas of the machinery once used as well as some full size working replicas. There is a whole room dedicated to the Anzac Day thing, where two guys were trapped for two weeks in the mine as well as other historical events.





I'm Johnny Knoxville and this is 'Steam Boiler'
This is the still working bit of the mine



Yesterday I tried to suggest that 'Flowery Gully' and 'Grubb Shaft' were somehow innuendos. I failed. However, inside the museum was a whole corridor dedicated to innuendos! So, without further ado, cue knob jokes!



Yes, a whole corridor of knob jokes thanks to a collection amassed from 1985 by a guy who clearly had wood. Each knob is from a different Australian
tree and they have all been carved into phallic symbols.
There is nothing funny about this.
Outside I was treated to the sight of around ten Alvises. The Alvis drivers' club were obviously about and they are exceptional looking cars.
The Alvis is on the left of this photo



And here's an MG
Then I was off for a 90 minute drive to Devonport, after looking at Batman Bridge!
Oh, it doesn't look very 'Batman'.
It also rained, for a bit.
I grabbed some food and wrote a blog post. And now you're up to date. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a boat to wait for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...