Sunday 4 March 2012

NRL Season Begins And I Finally Visit Gordon

Today was the 'rematch' between Manly and Auckland as the footy (rugby league) season starts up again. The first match is always between the finalists from the previous year, kind of like a charity shield match in England but as part of the league schedule so it carries more importance. I sat in the house as the match kicked off and realised something wasn't right, I wasn't watching sports with a beer in my hand! So I grabbed the bike and rode out to Gordon for the first time ever.

I have been here for over a month and have yet to actually stop into Gordon which is only 5KMs down the road from Poverty Peak. It's a village, pure and simple. It has one pub and a small shop/cafe and um...
A hat shoppe?
Anyway, bar.
 I had a couple of cheeky brews and watched the game. It's a tiny bar, but the TVs work and the woman behind the bar seemed happy to chat about where I was from, what I'm doing whilst in Australia etc.

The match ended with a win for Manly and I left the Gordon hotel with a few blondes (that's the beer, Pure Blonde) and rode all the way back over the high way to do some laundry and sit about in the garden with my laptop as today is the first in about a week that it hasn't been raining constantly.


And that was the highlight of my day off, now I'm going to play X-Com UFO Defence which is a stark reminder that video games used to be bloody hard back in the day, not like the 'hold your hand as you do everything because kids get upset too easily these days tutorial level having even hard mode is too easy regenerating health' crap that is out nowadays.

Life doesn't have a tutorial level and neither does this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...