Sunday 18 March 2012

St. Paddy's Mother's Day

As somebody who is neither Irish, nor a mother, this weekend is all about the start of the new F1 season! But the race doesn't start until 5PM so I'll just talk about what I did last night.
I ate green potatoes,

And drank Guinness,

In the company of my house mates.
There was some folking woman playing some traditional Irish folk music like Danny Boy, Whiskey in the Jar, The Lion Sleeps Tonight and Living Next Door to Alice...
Back off Chubby!
A good night at The Billy in Gordon, followed by the weirdest episode of Taggart ever made. It had something about ginger bread men and prostitutes and 'mudder', lots of 'mudder'! I especially liked how one witness, a ginger kid, kept coming to a detective with evidence and the detective (I think it was Nicky Campbell from Watchdog) was more bothered about his writer girlfriend than solving the 'mudder' of the kid's father.
Plus he was really concerned about people buying faulty washing machines.
Today is Mother's Day and like every mother lover reading this I sent a card, granted it wasn't a 'Mother's Day' card, but that's because it's not Mother's Day over here until September (I think) so a card with a picture of a Joey saying 'G'Day Mate!' is as close as I could get. Still, at least it got to England in time for my dear mother to open it on Mother's Day, which will be before my sister gives her card, so, you know, I'm the better child, clearly.
Maybe I'm the messiah? I do make excellent muffins.
And that's about it for this weekend. I rode down to Ballan again (puncture free) to buy a few bits for dinner (cottage pie, because we need to use up the free potatoes I got over a week ago)

Right, I'm going to do nothing until the race starts. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. and I spoke to you on Mother's day before Lauren...hope you like the pics on facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...