Tuesday 19 June 2012

Australian Adventure Comes to an End

Due to a monumental cock up, I can't get my 2nd year visa in time before my current one runs out. This means I'm off to New Zealand (Because I can't afford to go anywhere else)! This turn of events has caused a fair amount of stress, thanks to the lack of time to get sorted, the lack of funds to pay for stuff and the lack of any idea what to do when I get there.

Before work yesterday I had a good hard think about what I am going to do then I glanced over a Sunday supplement that somebody had left on a table...
Well that's spooky, or at least it would be if I was a Virgo...

Or a Scorpio...
A stark choice? These things are so vague, I have stark choices every week. Like, shall I pay for the tram or not.
I then told my boss what was happening in that this would be my final week at the butchers'. He didn't seem too bothered.

After work I proceeded to fret about money and tried to set up my NZ working holiday visa online, I then decided to do it today because those application forms are pretty long. Today I also sent off my tax return forms to an agent to sort all that out for me as I'd rather not be distracted by taxes right... oh, hang on...

Well, I just spoke to the accountant of a certain packing shed that I did some cash work for. Turns out, because I was such a good, honest, hard working guy they are willing to pay my tax (something they were really unsure of when I spoke to them a couple of days ago, you know, because tax is really annoying and they'd have to sort it if I wanted to use them for a second year visa) so I can now use the time spent there to go towards (and over) my 88 day quota for the 2nd year visa. All I have to do is sign a form tomorrow, grab a certificate and I can use it. So the cock up isn't quite as monumental as first thought. But I am going to New Zealand regardless, there I will hopefully meet my cousin Tim and his family, but as it isn't really an Awesome Australian Adventure I'm making a new blog... HERE!

I'll apply for my 2nd year Aussie visa another time because I'm going to New Zealand, in case you missed that part. So subscribe and bookmark my new blog if you want to know what I get up to when I get to New Zealand. Until then, I'll try to update any developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so you want to make a comment? Well go ahead, punk, make my day...